Terms of Reference for a national consultant to provide administrative support services to the UNAIDS Country Office in Ukraine in 2022
In 2021, the UNAIDS country office (UCO) in Ukraine has received extrabudgetary funds to implement the following to projects: “Fast-Track Cities Project in Kyiv” (USAID) and “Supporting the development of community-led monitoring in Ukraine” (CDC) during the 2022-2023 biennium. Considering that the amount of the extra-budgetary funds exceeds that of the core funding available to the UCO, the UCO seeks to recruit an additional administrative assistant to ensure efficient implementation of the above projects. The additional assistant will be recruited on a short-term basis and help perform administrative tasks related to the projects’ implementation and thus will not duplicate the scope of work of the UCO’s Administrative Assistant.
Scope of work and specific tasks
The contractor will work under supervision of the UCO’s Administrative Assistant to:
• Provide administrative assistance to the implementation of the programme activities, e.g., assisting with the organization of meetings, workshops, training sessions; drafting notes for record, meeting minutes; preparing agendas, hand-outs for the meeting, as required; maintaining project files for completed and on-going activities.
• Administrative assistance in implementation of the Fast-Track Cities initiative in Kyiv, and where relevant, including activities in Odesa, Dnipro, Mariupol and Kryvyi Rig.
• Ensure preparation of the necessary draft documents in compliance with UNAIDS financial rules and reporting policies, ensuring maintenance of accuracy of budget lines, payments, balances, expenditures and other data for day-to-day transactions, including but not limited to drafting invoice templates, consolidated reports, data tables and other records for further processing of the day-to-day transactions and reports.
• Draft logistic and contractual documentation for organization of workshops, training, and other events.
• Assist in preparation of field visits and duty travels envisaged within the projects.
• Ensure supporting procedure in the creation of new contractors and drafting appropriate contractual documents for the contracts.
• Handle office internal and external communication inquiries.
Reporting, remuneration, contract duration
Monthly reports to be submitted to the UCO in Ukraine with accounts of progress towards the above deliverables. The consultant will be paid based on the monthly report upon review by the UCO’s Finance and Administrative Assistant and acceptance by the UNAIDS Country Director.
The contractor will be working during the period of 1 December 2021 – 30 September 2022 in Kiev, Ukraine, with the possibility of extension (subject to additional approval).
The consultant will be paid monthly (the desired monthly rate should be mentioned in CV. Expenses as taxes, social or insurance payments are at Consultant’s cost, hence included in Rate.
Bachelor's Degree in public sciences, Economics, Administration
Minimum 3 years of experience in program or administrative support. Experience within the UN would be an asset.
Knowledge of the national AIDS response processes and program activities of the UNAIDS Country Office would be an asset.
Proficient user of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Teams, etc.)
Experience in social media management would be an asset.
Strong organizational, analytical and communication skills.
Fluent knowledge of Ukrainian and English. Knowledge of Russian is desirable.
The consultant’s primary duty station is Kiev, Ukraine. Any travel within the assignment is the subject of additional authorization of the UNAIDS Country Director. Mode of work – home-based. The contractor is expected to be already in possession of relevant IT and software prior to the commencement of the contract.
References from previously performed work will strengthen the submission from interested candidates.
THE DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION IS 30 November 2021